Translation of season in Spanish:
- 1 (division of year) the four seasonslas cuatro estacionesExample sentences
- Now most places in the world you have four seasons; winter, spring, summer, fall but not so in Barbados.
- When I think of Earth, I think of the variety of the land we have and how it relates to the four major seasons, winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- The following table provides a useful guide to fluctuations in pollen levels in Ireland during the spring, summer and autumn seasons.
- 2 2.1 (for specific activity, event, crop) the soccer season the harvest seasonthe mating seasonla cosechathe cherry seasonel celothe Christmas season, the season of goodwillla época or la temporada de las cerezasSeason's greetings!las Navidadesla época navideñathe end of season sales¡Felices fiestas!2.2 (suitable for tourism) the tourist seasonlas rebajas or liquidaciones de fin de temporadaat the height of the seasonla temporada turísticahigh/low seasonen plena temporada2.3 (in social calendar) See examples: the seasontemporada alta/baja(temporada en la que tienen lugar los acontecimientos sociales más destacados del año)Example sentences
- Shiva is offered special food made from the fruits of the season, root vegetables, and coconuts, during ritual worship.
- These trees provide fruit only during certain seasons, but last forever.
- With half of the season already over, fruit lovers feel they have to wait till next year to enjoy the delicious mangoes.
- 3 (Cinema, Music, Theater, Television) after a season in Brighton, the play moved to Londona season of Buñuel filmsdespués de una temporada en Brighton, la obra fue llevada a Londresan Australian seasonun ciclo de películas de Buñuelun ciclo de películas ( or obras etc) australianas
- 4 (in phrases) in season (of female animal)(of fresh food, game) See examples: cherries are in seasonen celofruits in season venison is not in seasones época or temporada de cerezaslas cerezas están en temporadaoff season (few tourists)no es temporada de venado(before noun) off-season pricesfuera de temporadaen temporada bajaout of seasonprecios (masculine plural) de temporada baja(of fresh food)fuera de temporada(few tourists)fuera de temporadaen temporada bajaExample sentences
- A variety of special articles are featured during religious festival seasons.
- Those managing the illegal operations say that the rainy season is the peak period for removing trees from the forest.
- Father X is not a fan of the modern season and its attendant festivities.
- 1 (Cookery)(with salt and pepper)Example sentences
- Salt is good for seasoning food; just a little brings out the best in it.
- Lightly oil and season the steak with salt and black pepper then cook on a hot grill or ridged grill pan.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, plus some salt and pepper to season, and stir well until combined.
- 2Example sentences
- Even well seasoned firewood can be ruined by bad storage.
- But, if you must, please make sure it's dry, seasoned wood, and only burn in an EPA-certified wood-burning device.
- It has for long been thought that, as wood is seasoned outdoors and turns grey, darkening the ground beneath it, harsh tannins are being leached out of the wood.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to