Translation of season in Spanish:
- 1 (division of year) estación (feminine) the four seasons las cuatro estacionesExample sentences
- Now most places in the world you have four seasons; winter, spring, summer, fall but not so in Barbados.
- When I think of Earth, I think of the variety of the land we have and how it relates to the four major seasons, winter, spring, summer and autumn.
- The following table provides a useful guide to fluctuations in pollen levels in Ireland during the spring, summer and autumn seasons.
- 2 2.1 (for specific activity, event, crop) temporada (feminine) the soccer season la temporada de fútbol the harvest season la cosecha the mating season el celo the cherry season la época or la temporada de las cerezas the Christmas season, the season of goodwill las Navidades, la época navideña Season's greetings! ¡Felices fiestas! the end of season sales las rebajas or liquidaciones de fin de temporada 2.2 (suitable for tourism) temporada (feminine) the tourist season la temporada turística at the height of the season en plena temporada high/low season temporada alta/baja 2.3 (in social calendar) the season[ temporada en la que tienen lugar los acontecimientos sociales más destacados del año ]Example sentences
- Shiva is offered special food made from the fruits of the season, root vegetables, and coconuts, during ritual worship.
- These trees provide fruit only during certain seasons, but last forever.
- With half of the season already over, fruit lovers feel they have to wait till next year to enjoy the delicious mangoes.
- 3 [Cinema/Cine] [Music/Música] [Theater/Teatro] [Television/Televisión] temporada (feminine) after a season in Brighton, the play moved to London después de una temporada en Brighton, la obra fue llevada a Londres a season of Buñuel films un ciclo de películas de Buñuel an Australian season un ciclo de películas ( or obras etc) australianas
- 4 (in phrases/en locuciones) in season (of female animal) en celo (of fresh food, game) cherries are in season es época or temporada de cerezas, las cerezas están en temporada fruits in season fruta (feminine) del tiempo venison is not in season no es temporada de venado off season (few tourists) fuera de temporada, en temporada baja (before noun/delante del nombre) off-season prices precios (masculine plural) de temporada baja out of season (of fresh food) fuera de temporada (few tourists) fuera de temporada, en temporada bajaExample sentences
- A variety of special articles are featured during religious festival seasons.
- Those managing the illegal operations say that the rainy season is the peak period for removing trees from the forest.
- Father X is not a fan of the modern season and its attendant festivities.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a