Translation of seaway in Spanish:
- 1.1 (route)ruta (feminine) marítimaExample sentences1.2 (waterway)
canal (masculine) (para embarcaciones de gran calado)Example sentences
- Unfortunately we need two miles of seaway to stop our ship and our rudder is jammed, hence we cannot change course.
- In a dangerous combat situation, or even a crowded seaway, this can provide a huge advantage.
- Columbus set out to find a new seaway to India and he ended up discovering America.
- After 1903 and improvements to the St. Lawrence waterway, larger ships or ‘canalers’ could navigate the seaway.
- Canada is every bit as vulnerable, experts say, at its ports, docks, canals, lakes, and seaways.
- Every battle ever fought there was fought over control of the seaway.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.