- 1 1.1 (subordinate) [matter] de interés secundario; [road] secundario secondary stress o accent [Ling] acento (m) secundario that's of secondary importance eso es de importancia secundaria to be secondary
tosth ser* de menor importancia quealgoMore example sentences1.2 (not primary, original) [source] de segunda mano; [infection/effect] secundario; [tumor] secundario, metastásico; [industry] secundario; [strike/action/picketing] de solidaridad or apoyo 1.3 [Elec] [current/coil/voltage] secundario
More example sentences
- But, important as it was, it was still secondary to Johnny's primary concern and that was people.
- Each group or person has individual goals - but in a partnership, they have to be secondary to the primary joint goal.
- In some senses, the race is secondary to the social importance of this event.
- Apply the ac voltage to the primary winding and expect output voltage at the secondary side.
- The burst in current causes a change in voltage in the secondary coil, which in turn causes a change in voltage in the feedback coil.
- The reverse polarity creates a peak current about twice as high as the six amps of coil current on the primary side, and a higher peak-to-peak current on the secondary side.
- 2 [Educ] [teacher/pupils] de enseñanza secundaria secondary education enseñanza (f) secundaria, segunda enseñanza (f)More example sentences
- All four colleges provided training for secondary school teachers on integrated academic curricula.
- I teach them for eight years before they go to boarding school to complete their secondary education.
- Primary education lasts until the age of eleven, followed by secondary education.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.