Translation of secondary in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (subordinate) [matter] de interés secundario; [road] secundario secondary stress o accent [Linguistics/Lingüística] acento (masculine) secundario that's of secondary importance eso es de importancia secundaria to be secondary
tosth ser* de menor importancia quealgoExample sentences1.2 (not primary, original) [source] de segunda mano; [infection/effect] secundario; [tumor] secundario, metastásico; [industry] secundario; [strike/action/picketing] de solidaridad or apoyo 1.3 [Electricity/Electricidad] [current/coil/voltage] secundario
- But, important as it was, it was still secondary to Johnny's primary concern and that was people.
- Each group or person has individual goals - but in a partnership, they have to be secondary to the primary joint goal.
- In some senses, the race is secondary to the social importance of this event.
- Apply the ac voltage to the primary winding and expect output voltage at the secondary side.
- The burst in current causes a change in voltage in the secondary coil, which in turn causes a change in voltage in the feedback coil.
- The reverse polarity creates a peak current about twice as high as the six amps of coil current on the primary side, and a higher peak-to-peak current on the secondary side.
- 2 [Sch] [teacher/pupils] de enseñanza secundaria secondary education enseñanza (feminine) secundaria, segunda enseñanza (feminine)Example sentences
- All four colleges provided training for secondary school teachers on integrated academic curricula.
- I teach them for eight years before they go to boarding school to complete their secondary education.
- Primary education lasts until the age of eleven, followed by secondary education.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the