- 1 [Biol] [Physiol] segregar*, secretarMore example sentences
- Melatonin, produced naturally from the amino acid tryptophan, is a hormone secreted by a gland in the brain.
- Natural interferons are a group of small proteins secreted by cells following viral infection.
- Sweat is secreted by glands in the skin when it is necessary to lose excess heat from the body.
- 2 (hide) [formal] ocultarMore example sentences
- The vials were secreted in a briefcase hidden in a truck in the courtyard of the house.
- Nonetheless, in my view, as will be seen, the two most important bottles were secreted and hidden by the accused.
- Hardly had we secreted ourselves when we spied a flotilla of a Roman expeditionary force sailing hard upstream.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.