- 1 [Biol] [Physiol] segregar*, secretarMore example sentences
- Melatonin, produced naturally from the amino acid tryptophan, is a hormone secreted by a gland in the brain.
- Natural interferons are a group of small proteins secreted by cells following viral infection.
- Sweat is secreted by glands in the skin when it is necessary to lose excess heat from the body.
- 2 (hide) [formal] ocultarMore example sentences
- The vials were secreted in a briefcase hidden in a truck in the courtyard of the house.
- Nonetheless, in my view, as will be seen, the two most important bottles were secreted and hidden by the accused.
- Hardly had we secreted ourselves when we spied a flotilla of a Roman expeditionary force sailing hard upstream.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.