Translation of sectarian in Spanish:
- [views/ideology/violence] sectario; [schooling/school] confesionalExample sentences
- But, after the earliest period, sectarian denominations became less and less important.
- Occasionally, sectarian concerns discouraged both Protestants and Catholics from attending branches.
- Today those closest to our violent past seem to dominate the political landscape and many remain entranced by sectarian concerns.
- On Baghdad's streets, rumors are rife about renegade ministry of interior death squads, carrying out sectarian killings.
- The IRA carried out retaliatory sectarian murders.
- They have carried out several sectarian murders and launched hundreds of pipe-bomb and blast bombs attacks on Catholic homes.
- By implication, black feminism is cast as sectarian in comparison with radical or socialist feminism.
- Furthermore, a significant percentage of those organizations have been pervasively sectarian and used religious criteria in their hiring.
- We are still in the process of ensuring that this armament is not sectarian in nature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.