Translation of sectarian in Spanish:
- [views/ideology/violence] sectario; [schooling/school] confesionalExample sentences
- But, after the earliest period, sectarian denominations became less and less important.
- Occasionally, sectarian concerns discouraged both Protestants and Catholics from attending branches.
- Today those closest to our violent past seem to dominate the political landscape and many remain entranced by sectarian concerns.
- On Baghdad's streets, rumors are rife about renegade ministry of interior death squads, carrying out sectarian killings.
- The IRA carried out retaliatory sectarian murders.
- They have carried out several sectarian murders and launched hundreds of pipe-bomb and blast bombs attacks on Catholic homes.
- By implication, black feminism is cast as sectarian in comparison with radical or socialist feminism.
- Furthermore, a significant percentage of those organizations have been pervasively sectarian and used religious criteria in their hiring.
- We are still in the process of ensuring that this armament is not sectarian in nature.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.