Translation of secular in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not religious) [education] laico, secular; [society/art] laicista, secularExample sentences1.2 [Religion/Religión] [clergy/priest] seglar
- But it did guarantee that in time American politics would largely become a secular matter.
- So why in this secular age is a spiritual movement that seeks to eradicate the ‘self’ gaining ground?
- Since that time, Bangladesh has been both less socialistic and less secular.
- The rate of recruitment is probably better than that of the secular clergy, but this may be because a large percentage of the monks do not go on to priesthood.
- Individuals were chosen from different orders and secular clergy, but primarily they came from the Dominican Order.
- Overall the role of regulars was diminished and that of secular clergy and even laymen enhanced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the