Translation of security in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (against crime, espionage etc) a breach of securitytight security was in forceuna infracción de las normas de seguridad(before noun) security alarm security forces there's been a security leakse habían extremado las medidas de seguridadsecurity measures security officer security precautionha habido una filtracióna security riskmedida (feminine) de precauciónsecurity systemun peligro para la seguridadsistema (masculine) de seguridadExample sentences1.2 (department) (+ singular or plural verb)
departamento (masculine) de seguridadExample sentences
- Nicknamed the Jersey Girls, they became experts on national security and terrorism.
- President Bush put terrorism and national security at the center of congressional races.
- Wealth is therefore an instrument in the creation of national security and national welfare.
- A huge team of people will ensure that the necessary security measures are in place.
- Elea then set up a series of security measures to ensure that sure an occurrence could never happen again.
- City institutions were just told to make sure that their existing checks and security procedures were working.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (safety, certainty) children need emotional securityfinancial securitylos niños necesitan seguridad or estabilidad en el plano afectivo2.2 (protection) my security against wantseguridad económicami seguro or garantía contra la necesidadExample sentences
- The only true security against nuclear dangers is an enforceable ban on all nuclear weapons.
- According to him however, Government has to guarantee security against international threats.
- What should we be doing to ensure vaccine safety and security against external threats?
- You are able to drop old fears and apprehension about material and emotional security.
- For one thing, we are afraid, and in times of fear we crave security above all.
- The problems could relate to declining health, declining income or declining emotional security.
- 3 (Finance) 3.1 uncountable (guarantee) to stand security for somebody(before noun) security agreementsalir garante or fiador de alguienservirle or (River Plate area) salirle de garantía a alguien3.2contrato (masculine) de garantíaalso: securities plural(Finance)government securitiesvalores (masculine plural)títulos (masculine plural)(before noun) the securities marketbonos (masculine plural) del Estadosecurities portfolioel mercado de valoresExample sentences
- The money was being used as security for costs until the appeal was completed.
- The plaintiffs say that this property could be put up for security for costs.
- David has offered the Ace Patent to me as security against this money, which, quite frankly, I am not prepared to accept.
- The new rules also make donating mutual funds, stocks, bonds and other securities more attractive.
- For those with an interest in individual securities, there are stocks and bonds to meet every need.
- The Fed uses this cash to purchase securities from primary government bond dealers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.