- 1 (car) (American English/inglés norteamericano) sedán (masculine)More example sentences
- Are you looking for a sports car, or do you have children and need a sedan, minivan or SUV?
- Many have drivetrains taken from sport sedans, with suspensions to match.
- Not quite a sedan or SUV, today's station wagons are stylish, functional and fast.
- 2sedan (chair) palanquín (m), silla (f) de manosMore example sentences
- It's said that long ago an Immortal found out that a devil had followed the wedding parade of a bride who was being carried in a sedan chair.
- Then, clad richly in gold from head to toe, the leader appeared at the top of the wall escorted by several servants who were carrying him in a sedan chair.
- As the Viceroy was being carried in a sedan chair away from the viewing stand, a Chinese man jumped out of the crowd lining the street, lifted a pistol, fired a single shot into the Viceroy's head.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.