Translation of seedy in Spanish:
adjective seedier, seediest
- 1 (shabby, disreputable)(apartment/resort)some seedy characters
sórdidounos individuos con mala pintaExample sentences
- Most of the movie takes place in dark, seedy bars, and for the most part the black level is dark and shadows are well defined, while in other scenes the darker areas appear reddish and indistinct.
- One of the most notorious spots for the homeless is Market Street - a seedy section of strip bars, liquor stores and boarded up shops where dozens of junkies, drunks and other street people make the sidewalk their home.
- Brothels are usually seedy affairs, tucked discreetly away from churches, town halls and the like (or so somebody we met in a bar once told us).
- Athletic and family-oriented (all children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult), it brings to wholesome life a part of the city that can feel seedy and depressing.
- True, we're located in a dilapidated strip mall in a seedy part of town, but people have cars, don't they?
- With help from the city, they cleaned up their properties, tore down some of those seedy hotels and landscaped with palm trees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.