- 1 (give impression) parecer* she seems friendly parece simpática you don't seem very sure/happy no pareces (estar) muy seguro/contento things aren't always what they seem las apariencias engañan it certainly seems that way eso parece or así parece, por cierto I thought he seemed a total idiot me pareció un verdadero imbécil you seem a completely different person no pareces el mismo you must do what seems best debes hacer lo que mejor te parezca strange as it may seem por raro que parezca, aunque no lo parezcato seem to +
infshe seems to like you parece que le caes bien he didn't seem to be expecting us me dio la impresión de que no nos esperaba you seem to find it very amusing! ¡por lo visto a ti te hace mucha gracia! she seems not o doesn't seem to have noticed no parece haberse dado cuenta it seems (that) they were worried parece (ser) que estaban preocupados it now seems certain that … ahora parece seguro que … it seems as if o as though they're ready parece (ser) que están listos so it seems, so it would seem eso parece, así parece it seems not parece que no to seem like sth we waited for what seemed like an eternity esperamos lo que nos pareció una eternidad that seems like a good idea esa me parece una buena idea it seems like years since I saw you parece que hiciera años que no te veo are they having a good time? — (it) seems like it ¿lo están pasando bien? — eso parece or así parece he seems very like his father se parece mucho a su padreMore example sentences
- Nobody else seems very interested, but I think it looks great!
- Nobody else seems to notice, except perhaps Barry, who simply wants to be left alone.
- Therefore, it seems somehow a bit excessive to single him out for this sort of treatment.
- 2 2.1 (get impression)to seem to +
infI seemed to hear voices in the kitchen me pareció oír voces en la cocina I seem to remember that you … creo recordar que tú … I seem to have been here before me da la impresión de que he estado aquí antes 2.2 (in sb's opinion) parecer* it seems to me/him/them that … me/le/les parece que … it doesn't seem right to me a mí no me parece bien it may seem silly to you, but … a tí te parecerá una tontería, pero … how does it seem to you? ¿a ti que te parece? 2.3 (toning down statement) parecer* there would seem to be no alternative parece que or al parecer or según parece, no queda otra alternativa we seem to be lost parece (ser) que nos hemos perdido I can't seem to remember where I put it no logro acordarme de dónde lo puse they don't seem to be here no parecen estar aquí, parece que no están aquí it seems to be closed parece que está cerrado what seems to be the trouble? veamos ¿de qué se trata?More example sentences
- Superficially it would seem to have very little to do with an historic attack on Greece over a millennium before!
- On the basis of this evidence, it would seem that the battle against it is lost!
- More weight is given to politics than poetry, history or writing, it would seem.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.