- 1 (give impression) parecer* she seems friendly parece simpática you don't seem very sure/happy no pareces (estar) muy seguro/contento things aren't always what they seem las apariencias engañan it certainly seems that way eso parece or así parece, por cierto I thought he seemed a total idiot me pareció un verdadero imbécil you seem a completely different person no pareces el mismo you must do what seems best debes hacer lo que mejor te parezca strange as it may seem por raro que parezca, aunque no lo parezcato seem to +
infinitive/infinitivoshe seems to like you parece que le caes bien he didn't seem to be expecting us me dio la impresión de que no nos esperaba you seem to find it very amusing! ¡por lo visto a ti te hace mucha gracia! she seems not o doesn't seem to have noticed no parece haberse dado cuenta it seems (that) they were worried parece (ser) que estaban preocupados it now seems certain that … ahora parece seguro que … it seems as if o as though they're ready parece (ser) que están listos so it seems, so it would seem eso parece, así parece it seems not parece que no to seem like sth we waited for what seemed like an eternity esperamos lo que nos pareció una eternidad that seems like a good idea esa me parece una buena idea it seems like years since I saw you parece que hiciera años que no te veo are they having a good time? — (it) seems like it ¿lo están pasando bien? — eso parece or así parece he seems very like his father se parece mucho a su padreMore example sentences
- Nobody else seems very interested, but I think it looks great!
- Nobody else seems to notice, except perhaps Barry, who simply wants to be left alone.
- Therefore, it seems somehow a bit excessive to single him out for this sort of treatment.
- 2 2.1 (get impression)to seem to +
infinitive/infinitivoI seemed to hear voices in the kitchen me pareció oír voces en la cocina I seem to remember that you … creo recordar que tú … I seem to have been here before me da la impresión de que he estado aquí antes 2.2 (in sb's opinion) parecer* it seems to me/him/them that … me/le/les parece que … it doesn't seem right to me a mí no me parece bien it may seem silly to you, but … a tí te parecerá una tontería, pero … how does it seem to you? ¿a ti que te parece? 2.3 (toning down statement) parecer* there would seem to be no alternative parece que or al parecer or según parece, no queda otra alternativa we seem to be lost parece (ser) que nos hemos perdido I can't seem to remember where I put it no logro acordarme de dónde lo puse they don't seem to be here no parecen estar aquí, parece que no están aquí it seems to be closed parece que está cerrado what seems to be the trouble? veamos ¿de qué se trata?More example sentences
- Superficially it would seem to have very little to do with an historic attack on Greece over a millennium before!
- On the basis of this evidence, it would seem that the battle against it is lost!
- More weight is given to politics than poetry, history or writing, it would seem.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.