Translation of seem in Spanish:
- 1 (give impression) she seems friendlyparece simpáticayou don't seem very sure/happyno pareces (estar) muy seguro/contentothings aren't always what they seem it certainly seems that wayeso parece or así parece, por ciertoI thought he seemed a total idiotme pareció un verdadero imbécilyou seem a completely different personno pareces el mismoyou must do what seems bestdebes hacer lo que mejor te parezcastrange as it may seempor raro que parezcato seem to +
aunque no lo parezca
infinitiveshe seems to like youparece que le caes bienhe didn't seem to be expecting usme dio la impresión de que no nos esperabayou seem to find it very amusing!¡por lo visto a ti te hace mucha gracia!she seems not or doesn't seem to have noticedno parece haberse dado cuentait seems (that) they were worriedparece (ser) que estaban preocupadosit now seems certain that …ahora parece seguro que …it seems as if or as though they're readyparece (ser) que están listosso it seems, so it would seemeso pareceit seems not
así pareceparece que noto seem like somethingwe waited for what seemed like an eternityesperamos lo que nos pareció una eternidadthat seems like a good ideaesa me parece una buena ideait seems like years since I saw youparece que hiciera años que no te veoare they having a good time? — (it) seems like it¿lo están pasando bien? — eso parece or así parecehe seems very like his fatherse parece mucho a su padreExample sentences
- Nobody else seems very interested, but I think it looks great!
- Nobody else seems to notice, except perhaps Barry, who simply wants to be left alone.
- Therefore, it seems somehow a bit excessive to single him out for this sort of treatment.
- 2 2.1 (get impression)to seem to +
infinitiveI seemed to hear voices in the kitchenme pareció oír voces en la cocinaI seem to remember that you …creo recordar que tú …I seem to have been here beforeme da la impresión de que he estado aquí antesExample sentences2.2 (in somebody's opinion) it seems to me/him/them that …
me/le/les parece que …it doesn't seem right to mea mí no me parece bienit may seem silly to you, but …a tí te parecerá una tontería, pero …how does it seem to you?¿a ti que te parece?2.3 (toning down statement) there would seem to be no alternativeparece que or al parecer or según parece, no queda otra alternativawe seem to be lostparece (ser) que nos hemos perdidoI can't seem to remember where I put itno logro acordarme de dónde lo pusethey don't seem to be hereno parecen estar aquíit seems to be closed
- Superficially it would seem to have very little to do with an historic attack on Greece over a millennium before!
- On the basis of this evidence, it would seem that the battle against it is lost!
- More weight is given to politics than poetry, history or writing, it would seem.
parece que no están aquíparece que está cerradowhat seems to be the trouble?veamos ¿de qué se trata?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.