Translation of segregate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [races/sexes] segregar*; [rival groups] mantener* aparte they are kept segregated from the rest of the prisoners los mantienen aislados del resto de los presos segregated school[ escuela en la que se practica la segregación racial ]Example sentences
- She has been segregated from the rest of the women in the prison ‘for her own safety’.
- It is also pressing for the lanes for public transport to be segregated from the rest of the traffic on the bridge.
- The four inmates - who are segregated from the rest of the prisoners - were only allowed to associate with each other one at a time, until earlier this year.
- Baltzell maintained that social status in the U.S. has been segregated along religious and regional lines.
- Brown has been overturned and the education system is segregated again.
- The effect of non-secular, religious and segregated education is very destructive on the society as a whole, and on our children's happy, normal life, and upbringing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.