- [gift/book/wine] elegir*, escoger*, seleccionar; [candidate/team member] seleccionar you have been selected from over 200 applicants ha sido usted seleccionado de entre 200 candidatos the towns were selected at random las ciudades fueron elegidas al azar reductions on selected models rebajas en una selección de modelosMore example sentences
- Potential students select from available programs, typically within their own cities or states.
- Young teachers felt proud to be appointed and we could select from the best available.
- Two terms of elective subjects follow in which students may select from a wide variety of courses.
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.
- 1.1 (exclusive) [school] de élite, exclusivo; [district] distinguido, exclusivoMore example sentences1.2 (choice) [fruit/wine] selecto, de primera (calidad) 1.3 (especially chosen) [group] selecto only the select few solo los escogidos a select audience una selecta concurrencia
More example sentences
- However, she warned that removing money from a select group of wealthy schools was unlikely to solve the problem.
- There are more select areas of Swindon where they pay nothing at all.
- Aside from its internet offering, the company plans to become a big player in a select area of London.
- Karate is no longer just a pastime for a select few, as young and old discover the discipline of martial arts.
- Then again, it would benefit the union if every team, not just a select few, could bid for players.
- Some of Australia's most successful young leaders apply for the fellowship, but only a select few are accepted.