- 1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (act, thing chosen) selección (f), elección (f) to make a selection hacer* una selección he read a selection of his poems leyó una selección de sus poemas the selection for Saturday's game la alineación para el partido del sábado (before noun/delante del nombre) [board/committee/procedure] de selección selection process proceso (masculine) de selecciónMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Rules and procedures relating to selection of candidates were implemented and observed fully by members of the Election Task Force of the Green Party.
- It was a first-class test of analysis, selection and integration which demonstrated a student's ability to think clearly before making a judgment.
- Standard procedures for candidate selection and nomination often have to be adapted to local conditions.
- The second surprise comes in the chosen selections.
- To help our readers get in where they fit in, we've chosen nonfiction selections that look both back to our past, and forward to our future.
- Fans who turn out for the premiere will be treated to the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing selections from John Williams' scores for the Star Wars movies.
- 2 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable [Business/Comercio] (of chocolates, buttons, yarns) surtido (masculine) a wide selection of new and used cars una amplia gama de coches nuevos y usadosMore example sentences
- A wide selection of vegetables ranges from the familiar to the less so.
- By varying the components of the gel, Mentor is able to produce a wide selection of products ranging from a very soft to a very firm consistency.
- ‘You need a good selection for a wide range of suitable purposes,’ he said.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The deck of cards used in Spain is called the baraja francesa. The four suits are oros, copas, espadas, and bastos, corresponding to diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs. Each suit has nine numbered cards and three face cards - jack (sota), knight, and king. There is no queen.