Translation of selection in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (act, thing chosen) selección (feminine), elección (feminine) to make a selection hacer* una selección he read a selection of his poems leyó una selección de sus poemas the selection for Saturday's game la alineación para el partido del sábado (before noun/delante del nombre) [board/committee/procedure] de selección selection process proceso (masculine) de selecciónExample sentences
- Rules and procedures relating to selection of candidates were implemented and observed fully by members of the Election Task Force of the Green Party.
- It was a first-class test of analysis, selection and integration which demonstrated a student's ability to think clearly before making a judgment.
- Standard procedures for candidate selection and nomination often have to be adapted to local conditions.
- The second surprise comes in the chosen selections.
- To help our readers get in where they fit in, we've chosen nonfiction selections that look both back to our past, and forward to our future.
- Fans who turn out for the premiere will be treated to the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing selections from John Williams' scores for the Star Wars movies.
- 2 u and c [Business/Comercio] (of chocolates, buttons, yarns) surtido (masculine) a wide selection of new and used cars una amplia gama de coches nuevos y usadosExample sentences
- A wide selection of vegetables ranges from the familiar to the less so.
- By varying the components of the gel, Mentor is able to produce a wide selection of products ranging from a very soft to a very firm consistency.
- ‘You need a good selection for a wide range of suitable purposes,’ he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.