Translation of selective in Spanish:
- 1.1(control/recruitment)(weedkiller/pesticide)(school) (que emplea un procedimiento selectivo para la admisión de alumnos)(quotation/reporting)you've got a conveniently selective memorysolo te acuerdas de lo que te convieneExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (discriminating) (predicative) to be selectivewe can't invite everyone, we'll have to be selective
- Finally, I do not understand the motivation of selective breeding.
- The banana's main problem is that it has become sterile and seedless as a result of 10,000 years of selective breeding.
- Furthermore, the ancient cult is explicitly designed to maintain racial purity through selective breeding.
he's fairly selective about who he mixes withno podemos invitarlos a todos, tendremos que elegir or escoger a quiényou have to be selective in what you watchelige or escoge mucho sus amistadestienes que elegir or escoger con criterio lo que vas a verExample sentences1.3 (Electronics)
- The acquisition of reading and writing skills was a socially selective process.
- It can then be argued that treatment effects result from selective attrition of higher risk cases.
- The editing of my films is a long and selective process.
- He was also selective in picking objects for his paintings and was very careful in depicting them, too.
- Once again, the authors are highly selective in the arguments that they choose to explore.
- Most people are very selective in who they refer, realizing that their credibility is on the line if that person is hired.
- Such selective frequency absorbing photovoltaics will then allow houses to be different colors.
- Antennas with high gain, selective patterns and high efficiency can assure that networks are reliable and perform at the best.
- Previous work has shown that recurrent selective sweeps lead to a strong skew in the frequency spectrum toward an excess of rare variants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the