Translation of selective in Spanish:
- 1.1 [control/recruitment] selectivo; [weedkiller/pesticide] selectivo; [school] [ que emplea un procedimiento selectivo para la admisión de alumnos ]; [quotation/reporting] parcial you've got a conveniently selective memory solo te acuerdas de lo que te convieneExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (discriminating) (predicative/predicativo) to be selective we can't invite everyone, we'll have to be selective no podemos invitarlos a todos, tendremos que elegir or escoger a quién he's fairly selective about who he mixes with elige or escoge mucho sus amistades you have to be selective in what you watch tienes que elegir or escoger con criterio lo que vas a ver
- Finally, I do not understand the motivation of selective breeding.
- The banana's main problem is that it has become sterile and seedless as a result of 10,000 years of selective breeding.
- Furthermore, the ancient cult is explicitly designed to maintain racial purity through selective breeding.
Example sentences1.3 [Electronics/Electrónica] selectivo
- The acquisition of reading and writing skills was a socially selective process.
- It can then be argued that treatment effects result from selective attrition of higher risk cases.
- The editing of my films is a long and selective process.
- He was also selective in picking objects for his paintings and was very careful in depicting them, too.
- Once again, the authors are highly selective in the arguments that they choose to explore.
- Most people are very selective in who they refer, realizing that their credibility is on the line if that person is hired.
- Such selective frequency absorbing photovoltaics will then allow houses to be different colors.
- Antennas with high gain, selective patterns and high efficiency can assure that networks are reliable and perform at the best.
- Previous work has shown that recurrent selective sweeps lead to a strong skew in the frequency spectrum toward an excess of rare variants.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.