Translation of self-indulgence in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (self-gratification) buying that car was an act of self-indulgencecomprarse ese coche fue permitirse un capricho or un excesoher later work is marked by self-indulgencesu obra posterior se caracteriza por un exceso de florituras estilísticas
- 2 (self-pity)autocompasión (feminine)Example sentences
- Thirty years ago Aron worried about a kind of hedonistic self-indulgence characteristic of decadent societies.
- It's a distended medley of uproars, asinine taunts, genuine skill, charm, and self-indulgence.
- The cast approaches the material with relish and Polanski prevents broad characterisations and self-indulgence amongst his actors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.