Translation of self-regard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (self-respect)consideración (feminine) por sí mismoExample sentences1.2 (vanity) [pejorative]
- For some, he is a hero, all the more admirable in his magisterial self-regard.
- A self-confessed hero-worshipper, he adroitly patched into a network of national self-regard and milked it for all it was worth.
- Keeping foreigners in cultural ghettos is thus a necessity for him, if he is to preserve his self-regard.
- The greatest obstacle to our progress in love is our own self-love, our own ego and our self-regard.
- Her memoir bubbles with self-regard, and her ego may have caused her to misunderstand some events in her life.
- That applying to kindergarten should become such a cutthroat business is doubtless an only-in-New-York phenomenon, intertwined with New Yorkers' considerable self-regard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than