Translation of self-regard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (self-respect) consideración (feminine) por sí mismoExample sentences1.2 (vanity) [pejorative/peyorativo] engreimiento (masculine)
- For some, he is a hero, all the more admirable in his magisterial self-regard.
- A self-confessed hero-worshipper, he adroitly patched into a network of national self-regard and milked it for all it was worth.
- Keeping foreigners in cultural ghettos is thus a necessity for him, if he is to preserve his self-regard.
- The greatest obstacle to our progress in love is our own self-love, our own ego and our self-regard.
- Her memoir bubbles with self-regard, and her ego may have caused her to misunderstand some events in her life.
- That applying to kindergarten should become such a cutthroat business is doubtless an only-in-New-York phenomenon, intertwined with New Yorkers' considerable self-regard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.