- (British English) → Scotch tape 2Example sentences
- Terri stared at a weeks-old hand-written order for some obscure deleted LP, which was Sellotaped hopefully to the side of the till.
- First, we blocked up all the holes in the kitchen with scrunched up pages from the Daily Mirror (I always knew it had to be useful for something) and Sellotaped all the cupboards shut.
- The flashing little LED was a Gilswick Electronics original, which he'd Tippexed out, and Sellotaped over a half dozen times.
- (British English) → Scotch tapeExample sentences
- My shoes were hurting my feet so much that I resorted to sticking Sellotape to the places where my shoes were rubbing me and even so I was half limping most of the way home.
- They used Sellotape on the dismembered flowers and Mum, God bless her, never noticed.
- In the past week a notice headed ‘consultation’ was put up by City of York Council on the gate leading into Walmgate Stray off Heslington Road - it had been attached to a gatepost with Sellotape.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than