Translation of semi in Spanish:
- 1 (truck) (US) → semitrailer 1Example sentences
- Stephanie pressed hard on the accelerator and the car shot forward out of the trucks path, the semi missing them by less than a foot.
- It looks suspiciously like a freezer, only very, very large; like the trailer of a semi.
- Their semi pulls 30-foot grain trailers instead of normal 40-footers.
- 2 (house) (British)casa (feminine) pareada or adosadaExample sentences
- They also plan to buy a bigger house than their three-bedroom semi, although Mr Stone said he would not leave his job as an IT analyst in South Manchester.
- York, he said, had many good properties from two- and three-bedroom town and terraced houses to semis and riverside apartments.
- Parallel to the seafront, Castle Avenue is a quirky road of elegant Victorian red-brick houses, 1930s-built semis and modest bungalows.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.