- 1.1 [Govt] the Senate el senado or SenadoMore example sentences1.2 (of university) rectorado (m), junta (f) de gobierno (Méx) (junta integrada por el rector y algunos profesores)
More example sentences
- The bicameral parliament is comprised of a senate and national assembly.
- We also have a new parliament, a national assembly and a senate appointed by the different factions.
- Governors, often elected by the legislatures for one-year terms, were denied the veto, and senates (the new upper houses) were not allowed to amend money bills.
- The faculty senate at Virginia State University was abolished in 2001.
- Six days after his arrest, and following consultation with members of his department and of the faculty senate, the university president acted to dismiss him.
- Resolutions from the university senate and several protests, including a hunger strike by seventeen students, have sought to focus public attention on the disparity in benefits.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...