- 1.1 [Government/Gobierno] the Senate el senado or SenadoMore example sentences1.2 (of university) rectorado (m), junta (f) de gobierno (Mexico/México) (junta integrada por el rector y algunos profesores)
More example sentences
- The bicameral parliament is comprised of a senate and national assembly.
- We also have a new parliament, a national assembly and a senate appointed by the different factions.
- Governors, often elected by the legislatures for one-year terms, were denied the veto, and senates (the new upper houses) were not allowed to amend money bills.
- The faculty senate at Virginia State University was abolished in 2001.
- Six days after his arrest, and following consultation with members of his department and of the faculty senate, the university president acted to dismiss him.
- Resolutions from the university senate and several protests, including a hunger strike by seventeen students, have sought to focus public attention on the disparity in benefits.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.