- 1.1 (in age) his seniority gave him the right to speak first era su derecho hablar primero por ser el mayor 1.2 (in rank) jerarquía (feminine)More example sentences1.3 (in length of service) antigüedad (feminine)
More example sentences
- There ought to be a proper sequence according to seniority.
- He has an admirable faith in technology, unlike many others of his seniority in the Indian Police.
- Under the old agreement, pensions ceased to increase in value beyond 30 years of seniority.
- Thank you, Mr Chairperson, for acknowledging seniority.
- Promotion in the service must be on the basis of merit, not seniority.
- Afterwards he was awarded six months additional seniority for meritorious war service.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.