- 1.1 (in age) his seniority gave him the right to speak first era su derecho hablar primero por ser el mayor 1.2 (in rank) jerarquía (feminine)More example sentences1.3 (in length of service) antigüedad (feminine)
More example sentences
- There ought to be a proper sequence according to seniority.
- He has an admirable faith in technology, unlike many others of his seniority in the Indian Police.
- Under the old agreement, pensions ceased to increase in value beyond 30 years of seniority.
- Thank you, Mr Chairperson, for acknowledging seniority.
- Promotion in the service must be on the basis of merit, not seniority.
- Afterwards he was awarded six months additional seniority for meritorious war service.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.