Translation of seniority in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in age) See examples: his seniority gave him the right to speak first1.2 (in rank)era su derecho hablar primero por ser el mayorExample sentences1.3 (in length of service)
- There ought to be a proper sequence according to seniority.
- He has an admirable faith in technology, unlike many others of his seniority in the Indian Police.
- Under the old agreement, pensions ceased to increase in value beyond 30 years of seniority.
- Thank you, Mr Chairperson, for acknowledging seniority.
- Promotion in the service must be on the basis of merit, not seniority.
- Afterwards he was awarded six months additional seniority for meritorious war service.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.