Translation of sensible in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [person/approach/attitude] sensato; [decision] prudente; [choice] acertado; [price] razonable she's a sensible girl es una chica sensata or de criterio be sensible, you can't do it all on your own sé razonable, no lo puedes hacer todo tú solo I think that's the most sensible thing to do me parece que es lo más sensato or razonable quality goods at sensible prices artículos de calidad a precios razonablesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [clothes/shoes] cómodo y práctico
- In the meantime, women should be getting the clear message about the many health benefits of adopting a sensible diet and engaging in regular exercise.
- If spending on this scale is sensible, its wisdom ought to be demonstrable.
- Drivers are more likely to respect a sensible approach to road safety such as locally controlled temporary limits, as used successfully by a number of other councils around the country.
- A number of normally sensible people in Europe have supported this proposition.
- What sane, sensible person would throw more than a billion dollars at the overseas sharemarket at a time of major volatility?
- Good, normally sensible drivers start thinking about taking chances.
- Now that I'm officially old I'll have to settle down, buy a pair of sensible shoes and get something magnificently practical like a winch.
- What I do care about is the practicality of running around in a sandpit with sensible shoes on for 10 minutes.
- Part shrine, part purveyor of durable, practical and sensible outdoor gear, MEC has what you need - and they'll tell you exactly what that is and why.
- 2 2.1 (aware, appreciative) [formal] to be sensible
ofsth ser* or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estar* consciente dealgo I am sensible of the honor you have done me soy consciente del honor que me han hecho 2.2 (detectable) [formal] apreciable, perceptibleExample sentences
- And even if it did, our mind's ability to perceive what is sensible would not necessarily be accurate.
- It is not even sufficient for perceiving merely sensible qualities such as colours and shapes.
- A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God; of his dependence on him; of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom.
- For if the reason is sound, it is sensible of the body's diseases: but being itself diseased with those of the soul, it has no judgment in what it suffers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas