Translation of sensible in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(person/approach/attitude)
acertado(price)she's a sensible girl
razonablees una chica sensata or de criteriobe sensible, you can't do it all on your ownsé razonable, no lo puedes hacer todo tú soloI think that's the most sensible thing to dome parece que es lo más sensato or razonablequality goods at sensible pricesartículos de calidad a precios razonablesExample sentences
- In the meantime, women should be getting the clear message about the many health benefits of adopting a sensible diet and engaging in regular exercise.
- If spending on this scale is sensible, its wisdom ought to be demonstrable.
- Drivers are more likely to respect a sensible approach to road safety such as locally controlled temporary limits, as used successfully by a number of other councils around the country.
- A number of normally sensible people in Europe have supported this proposition.
- What sane, sensible person would throw more than a billion dollars at the overseas sharemarket at a time of major volatility?
- Good, normally sensible drivers start thinking about taking chances.
cómodo y prácticoExample sentences
- Now that I'm officially old I'll have to settle down, buy a pair of sensible shoes and get something magnificently practical like a winch.
- What I do care about is the practicality of running around in a sandpit with sensible shoes on for 10 minutes.
- Part shrine, part purveyor of durable, practical and sensible outdoor gear, MEC has what you need - and they'll tell you exactly what that is and why.
- 2 2.1 (aware, appreciative) [formal]to be sensible
ofsomethingser or (in Chile, Mexico also) estar conscienteI am sensible of the honor you have done me dealgosoy consciente del honor que me han hechoExample sentences2.2 (detectable) [formal]
- A truly humble man is sensible of his natural distance from God; of his dependence on him; of the insufficiency of his own power and wisdom.
- For if the reason is sound, it is sensible of the body's diseases: but being itself diseased with those of the soul, it has no judgment in what it suffers.
- And even if it did, our mind's ability to perceive what is sensible would not necessarily be accurate.
- It is not even sufficient for perceiving merely sensible qualities such as colours and shapes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.