Translation of sensitive in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (emotionally responsive)(person)
sensible(performance/account)to be sensitive
lleno de sensibilidad
tosomethingto be sensitive to musictener sensibilidad para la músicato be sensitive to somebody's needs/problemsser or (Chile, Mexico also) estar muy consciente de las necesidades/los problemas de alguientener muy presentes las necesidades/los problemas de alguienExample sentences1.2 (touchy)
- The Yorkshire Euro MP may not be the first person you'd think of if you were looking for a sensitive appreciation of the modern woman.
- One is Mary's uniquely sensitive appreciation of the myriad ways in which the case for academic freedom may be advanced.
- I now have a more sensitive appreciation of how devastating war really is.
about/ tosomethinghe's very sensitive to criticismes muy susceptible a la críticahe's very sensitive about his spotsvive preocupado por los granitosExample sentences
- The guidelines dictate that emotionally charged topics be avoided on tests, for fear that mention of them might upset sensitive children.
- O'Leary cheerfully acknowledges that his abrasive manner upsets the more sensitive among those he deals with.
- Women would benefit enormously from this - we are very sensitive and get upset about small things, and men have no idea.
- 2 (physically responsive)(teeth)
tosomethingsensibleto be sensitive to temperature changes aalgoser sensible a los cambios de temperaturaExample sentences
- Oberlander will also explain that people are highly sensitive to subliminal signals about personality, regardless of whether or not they know who a message has come from.
- You've written that patients today are more sensitive to body signals; they're more likely to go to the doctor for something than they would have a few decades ago.
- Well we found that females seem to be more sensitive to perceiving these signals of fear.
- He said the vehicles ‘had a major visible impact with serious ramifications for Dartmoor National Park’, damaging sensitive areas of bog and heather.
- Prefabrication of the building in a nearby factory minimized both construction waste and damage to the sensitive area by heavy equipment.
- These creams and ointments vary in strength, and using the wrong strength in sensitive areas can damage the skin, especially in infants.
- Orthochromatic films are not sensitive to red light at all, and may be developed under a red safelight.
- The blue filter is measuring blue light in the visible spectrum, not the ultraviolet light to which platinum materials are sensitive.
- Even the orthochromatic films were not sensitive to red light.
- 3 3.1 (secret)(document/information)he holds a sensitive post in the Ministry
confidencialocupa un puesto de absoluta confianza en el MinisterioExample sentences3.2 (requiring tact)
(topic/issue)the sensitive border region
- As someone who was intimately involved in dealing with the most sensitive national security secrets out there, how big of a flap is this?
- The Victorian Opposition has released details of what it claims is yet another breach of sensitive security information within the Victoria Police.
- General statements that, for example, the information is sensitive security information, are inadequate to satisfy the government's burden.
delicadola conflictiva zona fronteriza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.