Translation of sensitive in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (emotionally responsive) [person] sensible; [performance/account] lleno de sensibilidadto be sensitive
tosth to be sensitive to music tener* sensibilidad para la música to be sensitive to sb's needs/problems ser* or (in Chile, Mexico also/en Chile, México también) estar* muy consciente de las necesidades/los problemas de algn, tener* muy presentes las necesidades/los problemas de algn 1.2 (touchy) [person] susceptiblesensitive about/ tosth he's very sensitive to criticism es muy susceptible a la crítica he's very sensitive about his spots vive preocupado por los granitosExample sentences
- The guidelines dictate that emotionally charged topics be avoided on tests, for fear that mention of them might upset sensitive children.
- O'Leary cheerfully acknowledges that his abrasive manner upsets the more sensitive among those he deals with.
- Women would benefit enormously from this - we are very sensitive and get upset about small things, and men have no idea.
- 2 (physically responsive) [skin] sensible, delicado; [teeth] sensible; [instrument/film] sensible sensitive
tosth sensible aalgo to be sensitive to temperature changes ser* sensible a los cambios de temperaturaExample sentences
- Oberlander will also explain that people are highly sensitive to subliminal signals about personality, regardless of whether or not they know who a message has come from.
- You've written that patients today are more sensitive to body signals; they're more likely to go to the doctor for something than they would have a few decades ago.
- Well we found that females seem to be more sensitive to perceiving these signals of fear.
- He said the vehicles ‘had a major visible impact with serious ramifications for Dartmoor National Park’, damaging sensitive areas of bog and heather.
- Prefabrication of the building in a nearby factory minimized both construction waste and damage to the sensitive area by heavy equipment.
- These creams and ointments vary in strength, and using the wrong strength in sensitive areas can damage the skin, especially in infants.
- Orthochromatic films are not sensitive to red light at all, and may be developed under a red safelight.
- The blue filter is measuring blue light in the visible spectrum, not the ultraviolet light to which platinum materials are sensitive.
- Even the orthochromatic films were not sensitive to red light.
- 3 3.1 (secret) [document/information] confidencial he holds a sensitive post in the Ministry ocupa un puesto de absoluta confianza en el Ministerio 3.2 (requiring tact) [topic/issue] delicado the sensitive border region la conflictiva zona fronterizaExample sentences
- The Yorkshire Euro MP may not be the first person you'd think of if you were looking for a sensitive appreciation of the modern woman.
- One is Mary's uniquely sensitive appreciation of the myriad ways in which the case for academic freedom may be advanced.
- I now have a more sensitive appreciation of how devastating war really is.
- As someone who was intimately involved in dealing with the most sensitive national security secrets out there, how big of a flap is this?
- The Victorian Opposition has released details of what it claims is yet another breach of sensitive security information within the Victoria Police.
- General statements that, for example, the information is sensitive security information, are inadequate to satisfy the government's burden.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas