Translation of sentimental in Spanish:
- 1.1 (emotional) [person/movie/song] sentimental let's not get sentimental about it no nos pongamos sentimentalesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (concerning emotions) (usually before noun/generalmente delante del nombre) it had sentimental value tenía (un) valor sentimental a sentimental journey to the town where he was born un viaje nostálgico a su pueblo natal
- Venezuela was chosen as his final destination for sentimental reasons - it's his mother's birthplace and where he grew up.
- ‘All I had was a pink rattle that I kept for sentimental reasons,’ she said.
- I still have a deep sentimental attachment to the union.
- I'm usually not very sentimental about old things that I don't use anymore.
- The film isn't sentimental about death, the propagation of species, or other biological occurrences.
- There is nothing crass or sentimental about these tales.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.