- 1 (order) a logical sequence un orden lógico, una secuencia lógica the police established the sequence of events la policía estableció cómo se sucedieron los hechos the sequence of tenses [Linguistics/Lingüística] la concordancia de los tiempos verbales it's better to look at the pictures in sequence es mejor ver las fotos en or por orden in historical sequence en or por orden cronológico, cronológicamenteMore example sentences
- I did not want to interrupt the member, particularly because I agreed with most of what he was saying, but I suggest that we follow a logical sequence here.
- Number each part of the preparation in a logical sequence that you can follow every time.
- The numbered items defined below are given in a logical sequence that keeps related terms together, which an alphabetical order would disrupt.
- 2 2.1 (series) serie (feminine) 2.2 [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Music/Música] secuencia (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences2.3 (of cards) escalera (feminine), corrida (feminine) (Mexico/México)
- If the repetition is only in the melody, with changed harmony, it is called a melodic sequence, and if the repetition is followed also in the harmony, a harmonic sequence.
- The last repetition of the sequence takes the triads down to the tonic D major and the vocal line up to F (sharp).
- By the end of ‘Cromosomi’, with its tricky harmonic sequence that descends in semitones, he had the audience in the palm of his hand.
More example sentences
- Thus all infinite sequences of natural numbers have the same power, aleph zero.
- Infinitely many sequences result from Viswanath's rule.
- Cantor published a paper on trigonometric series in 1872 in which he defined irrational numbers in terms of convergent sequences of rational numbers.
More example sentences
- Consider splitting it into shorter sequences - for example you might take the lead with the upper four cards and then play the lower five.
- If two players have identical sequences in non-trump suits, the one wins whose turn to play to the first trick is earlier.
- To be valid, sequences in the same suit must either have a gap between them or overlap.
- It is a sequence of movements that is generally done 12 times a day.
- The call of any race is simply a momentary climax in an unfolding sequence of related events week to week.
- One of the keys to playing the piano - or at least to playing it well - is the ability of the pianist to time appropriately a sequence of movements of the fingers.
- 3 [Cinema/Cine] [Television/Televisión] secuencia (feminine)More example sentences
- Operatic in scale, featuring garish colours and fantastic action sequences, the film is a minor adventure classic.
- This sets them apart from similar sequences in other action films, which hesitate to show a child uncomfortable, let alone suffering.
- It remains one of the most exciting action sequences ever filmed.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.