Translation of series in Spanish:
noun plural series
- 1.1 (succession) she made a series of mistakesarithmetical/geometrical seriescometió una serie or una sucesión de erroresserie aritmética/geométricaExample sentences1.2 (set, group) See examples: a TV/radio series
a series of concerts/lecturesuna serie or un serial or (Southern Cone) una serial de televisión/radioa series of coins/stampsun ciclo or un programa de conciertos/conferencias1.3 (in baseball, cricket)una serie de monedas/sellosExample sentences1.4 (Electricity)in series
- The event featured a series of panel discussions related to issues of media.
- The leaders of various intelligence agencies worry about a series of high-profile events this summer.
- You might have planned out a whole series of attacks, but one inopportune roll and your turn is over.
en serieExample sentences
- Once a playoff series commences, each game played is subjected to even closer scrutiny.
- Each of those teams has a starter who is capable of winning two games in a playoff series.
- Somewhere that doesn't convince us that will help the team win a playoff series.
- In a series circuit with two or more bulbs, which bulb lights first when the circuit is closed?
- A series resistor and parallel cap were not as effective as a series inductor and the cap.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.