Translation of seriously in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not frivolously)he looked at me seriouslycon seriedaddon't take it seriouslyme miró serioI find it hard to take him seriouslyno te lo tomes en serioshe takes herself so seriouslyme resulta difícil tomarlo en serioseriously though (sentence adv)se da mucha importanciaseriously, when do you plan to leave? (sentence adv)hablando en seriofuera de broma(hablando) en serio ¿cuándo te vas?Example sentences1.2 (genuinely, sincerely) See examples: you can't seriously mean that
are you seriously suggesting that I must pay now?no lo puedes estar diciendo en serioI'm seriously interested in the subject¿así que lo dices en serio? ¿tengo que pagar ahora?estoy muy interesada en or tengo un gran interés en el tema
- They treated my questions seriously and thoughtfully, helping me to see how Christianity answers the issues raised by modern culture.
- 2 (gravely)(ill/injured)the scandal has seriously undermined the government's credibilitythese figures are seriously misleadingel escándalo ha perjudicado seriamente la credibilidad del gobiernoestas cifras son muy engañosasExample sentences
- The successfully treated seriously ill are also affected by these service inadequacies.
- The new hospital will concentrate on very seriously ill children and specialist cases.
- Consumers can become seriously ill if they eat an egg that is not fully cooked and contaminated with salmonella.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.