Translation of seriously in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not frivolously) seriamente, con seriedad he looked at me seriously me miró serio don't take it seriously no te lo tomes en serio I find it hard to take him seriously me resulta difícil tomarlo en serio she takes herself so seriously se da mucha importancia seriously though (sentence adv) hablando en serio, fuera de broma seriously, when do you plan to leave? (sentence adv) (hablando) en serio ¿cuándo te vas?Example sentences1.2 (genuinely, sincerely) you can't seriously mean that no lo puedes estar diciendo en serio are you seriously suggesting that I must pay now? ¿así que lo dices en serio? ¿tengo que pagar ahora? I'm seriously interested in the subject estoy muy interesada en or tengo un gran interés en el tema
- They treated my questions seriously and thoughtfully, helping me to see how Christianity answers the issues raised by modern culture.
- 2 (gravely) [ill/injured] gravemente the scandal has seriously undermined the government's credibility el escándalo ha perjudicado seriamente la credibilidad del gobierno these figures are seriously misleading estas cifras son muy engañosasExample sentences
- The successfully treated seriously ill are also affected by these service inadequacies.
- The new hospital will concentrate on very seriously ill children and specialist cases.
- Consumers can become seriously ill if they eat an egg that is not fully cooked and contaminated with salmonella.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.