Translation of seriously in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not frivolously)seriamentehe looked at me seriously
con seriedadme miró seriodon't take it seriouslyno te lo tomes en serioI find it hard to take him seriouslyme resulta difícil tomarlo en serioshe takes herself so seriouslyse da mucha importanciaseriously though (sentence adv)hablando en serioseriously, when do you plan to leave? (sentence adv)
fuera de broma(hablando) en serio ¿cuándo te vas?Example sentences1.2 (genuinely, sincerely) you can't seriously mean that
no lo puedes estar diciendo en serioare you seriously suggesting that I must pay now?¿así que lo dices en serio? ¿tengo que pagar ahora?I'm seriously interested in the subjectestoy muy interesada en or tengo un gran interés en el tema
- They treated my questions seriously and thoughtfully, helping me to see how Christianity answers the issues raised by modern culture.
- 2 (gravely)(ill/injured)the scandal has seriously undermined the government's credibility
gravementeel escándalo ha perjudicado seriamente la credibilidad del gobiernothese figures are seriously misleadingestas cifras son muy engañosasExample sentences
- The successfully treated seriously ill are also affected by these service inadequacies.
- The new hospital will concentrate on very seriously ill children and specialist cases.
- Consumers can become seriously ill if they eat an egg that is not fully cooked and contaminated with salmonella.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.