Translation of serum in Spanish:
noun plural -rums or -ra
- 1 uncountablealso: blood serum(Physiology)Example sentences
- Blood products, sera, sperm, oocytes and embryos are not included.
- The number of sera from patients whose blood culture grew B. psuedomallei is only 12.
- Blood samples were then obtained and sera tested for HIV and hepatitis.
- 2 uncountable or countable (antitoxin)Example sentences
- He was given a cocktail of vaccines within 10 minutes including anti-plague and anthrax serums.
- You could be making a fortune out of the drugs, serums and surgical hardware, and yet you have to stand on the sidelines and watch as US drug companies make a killing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.