Translation of serum in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -rums or , -ra)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable(blood serum)[Physiology/Fisiología] suero (masculine) (sanguíneo)Example sentences1.2 u and c (antitoxin) suero (masculine)
- Blood products, sera, sperm, oocytes and embryos are not included.
- The number of sera from patients whose blood culture grew B. psuedomallei is only 12.
- Blood samples were then obtained and sera tested for HIV and hepatitis.
- He was given a cocktail of vaccines within 10 minutes including anti-plague and anthrax serums.
- You could be making a fortune out of the drugs, serums and surgical hardware, and yet you have to stand on the sidelines and watch as US drug companies make a killing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the