Translation of service charge in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in restaurant) servicio (masculine) there is a service charge of 10% se cobra un 10% de servicioExample sentences1.2 (in banking) comisión (feminine) 1.3 (for maintenance — of apartment) gastos (masculine plural) comunes or (Spain/España) de comunidad; (— of office) gastos (masculine plural) de mantenimiento
- Maintenance of the pool and communal grounds is included in the annual service charge of €1,320.
- Restaurants that don't add a service charge will expect a 10 per cent tip.
- The three groups said waiving the service charge would be removing an income that an employee already enjoyed and it was an unfair labour practice.
- I have assessed an appropriate service charge for the property as being £1 per square foot of net accommodation.
- It is regrettable the final bills were delayed but lease-holders are fully aware each year the council will bill them with a service charge to cover a number of costs, including the maintenance of communal areas around their homes.
- The two-bedroom units are subject to a £275 service charge while the three-bedroom properties have an annual charge of £350.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.