See parent entry: → set
- 1verb + adverb (gain hold)(infection)if rust/decay sets in
declararseuna vez que empieza a oxidarse/deteriorarseafter the operation complications set indespués de la operación surgieron complicacionesat last a thaw seems to be setting inparece que por fin empieza el deshielo
- (before noun)(sleeve/pocket)
- If the armhole is too high and the garment has a set-in sleeve, the fit can be adjusted as you sew.
- Shoulder width is particularly important in fitted garments with set-in sleeves.
- Other typical details include double-entry cargo pockets and set-in sleeves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.