- 1verb + adverb (gain hold)(infection)if rust/decay sets indeclararseafter the operation complications set inuna vez que empieza a oxidarse/deteriorarseat last a thaw seems to be setting indespués de la operación surgieron complicacionesparece que por fin empieza el deshielo
- (before noun)(sleeve/pocket)Example sentences
- If the armhole is too high and the garment has a set-in sleeve, the fit can be adjusted as you sew.
- Shoulder width is particularly important in fitted garments with set-in sleeves.
- Other typical details include double-entry cargo pockets and set-in sleeves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.