Translation of set piece in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Music/Música][ pieza que se suele tocar en determinadas ocasiones ]; (for music exam) pieza (feminine) obligatoria she delivered her set piece on the ills of capitalism soltó su discurso de siempre sobre los males del capitalismoExample sentences1.2 [Sport/Deporte] jugada (feminine) preparada, jugada (feminine) prefabricada or de laboratorio
- It looks nice, plays well and has some great set pieces with the music placed to them perfectly.
- These comic set pieces sweeten the icing that coats Layer Cake's underlying darkness.
- The set pieces and special effects are superb, again because of Jackson's unusual approach.
- Shortly before half-time Ribblesdale increased the tempo, with depletion of the Cumbrian set-piece allowing more secure possession and also a more stable scrum.
- Neither set-piece forces Boumnijel to work, but the pressure is building.
- With a third set-piece similar to Elliott's previous two efforts, Steven Hammell dispatched another commendable drive wide of the post.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.