- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (agreement) acuerdo (m), convenio (m) to reach/achieve a settlement llegar* a/lograr un acuerdo or convenio wage settlement (agreement) convenio (m) (laboral), acuerdo (m) salarial (increase) aumento (m) (salarial) wage settlements of over 5% aumentos salariales de más del 5% 1.2 (payment) pago (masculine) they offered her an out of court settlement of £20,000 extrajudicialmente le ofrecieron 20.000 libras para que se desistiera de su demanda see also marriage 1 2 1.3 (village) asentamiento (m), poblado (m)More example sentences
- Many settlements turned into ghost towns, as the land could no longer sustain life.
- It will be touring the province's reserves, settlements and native communities.
- Attempts by Spanish and French colonists to establish settlements were unsuccessful.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (of account, bill) pago (m); (of debt) liquidación (f), satisfacción (f) prompt settlement appreciated se agradece la prontitud en el pago 2.2 (of dispute) (re)solución (feminine) settlement out of court (re)solución (f) extrajudicial, transacción (f) extrajudicialMore example sentences2.3 (of people) establecimiento (m), asentamiento (m)
More example sentences2.4 (of country, region) colonización (f), población (f)
- The peaceful settlement of this dispute has allowed for renewed co-operation.
- It is the same form of acknowledgment seen in the settlements that the National Government was involved in.
- Chapter 6 deals with the peaceful settlement of disputes, in which all sides seek a solution.
More example sentences
- The 1976 Immigration Act made family reunification and refugee settlement two of Canada's fundamental objectives.
More example sentences
- A process of settlement and resettlement along the Niger continued into the nineteenth century.
- The story of the railways of Shanghai goes back to the early days of Western settlement in the city after it was forced open by the unequal treaties imposed by the Western imperialists.
- She presents a wide variety of descriptive material concerning Aboriginal life, dating from the earliest years of European settlement.
- Otherwise, they won't make so much money out of me in spite of early settlement penalties.
- On the other hand, the losses on contracts that require settlement in cash are accounted for as a charge in the income statement.
- What's more, free life insurance is included, plus there are no other charges or early settlement penalties.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.