Translation of severely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (strictly, harshly) [punish/criticize] con severidad, severamenteExample sentences1.2 (austerely) austeramente
- Subsequent cases of academic dishonesty will be dealt with quite severely.
- The implementation stage of the fair value scheme has been severely criticised.
- The team that has already been severely punished by FIA earlier this year, also seems to be safe for now.
- It is now unusual to add eggs or fat, and rice pudding has tended to become a severely plain nursery dish.
- 2 2.1 (seriously) [ill] gravemente severely injured herido de gravedad, gravemente herido a severely disturbed child un niño con graves trastornos emocionales the crop was severely damaged la cosecha sufrió grandes daños 2.2 (rigorously) it severely tested the contestants fue or supuso una dura prueba para los participantesExample sentences
- The basis of their ire is severely depleted groundwater.
- In fact some poor continued on out-relief at a severely reduced rate.
- The film suffers from naturalistic excesses, at times severely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.