Translation of severely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (strictly, harshly)(punish/criticize)
severamenteExample sentences1.2 (austerely)
- Subsequent cases of academic dishonesty will be dealt with quite severely.
- The implementation stage of the fair value scheme has been severely criticised.
- The team that has already been severely punished by FIA earlier this year, also seems to be safe for now.
- It is now unusual to add eggs or fat, and rice pudding has tended to become a severely plain nursery dish.
- 2 2.1 (seriously)(ill)severely injured
gravementeherido de gravedada severely disturbed child
gravemente heridoun niño con graves trastornos emocionalesthe crop was severely damagedla cosecha sufrió grandes daños2.2 (rigorously) it severely tested the contestantsfue or supuso una dura prueba para los participantesExample sentences
- The basis of their ire is severely depleted groundwater.
- In fact some poor continued on out-relief at a severely reduced rate.
- The film suffers from naturalistic excesses, at times severely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.