- 1 1.1 (strictly, harshly) [punish/criticize] con severidad, severamenteMore example sentences1.2 (austerely) austeramente
More example sentences
- Subsequent cases of academic dishonesty will be dealt with quite severely.
- The implementation stage of the fair value scheme has been severely criticised.
- The team that has already been severely punished by FIA earlier this year, also seems to be safe for now.
- It is now unusual to add eggs or fat, and rice pudding has tended to become a severely plain nursery dish.
- 2 2.1 (seriously) [ill] gravemente severely injured herido de gravedad, gravemente herido a severely disturbed child un niño con graves trastornos emocionales the crop was severely damaged la cosecha sufrió grandes daños 2.2 (rigorously) it severely tested the contestants fue or supuso una dura prueba para los participantesMore example sentences
- The basis of their ire is severely depleted groundwater.
- In fact some poor continued on out-relief at a severely reduced rate.
- The film suffers from naturalistic excesses, at times severely.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Do you know what 'arpilleras' are? They are pieces of appliquéd textile folk art, common in South America. Doll characters and animals create a three-dimensional effect representing scenes from daily life.