Translation of severely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (strictly, harshly) [punish/criticize] con severidad, severamenteExample sentences1.2 (austerely) austeramente
- Subsequent cases of academic dishonesty will be dealt with quite severely.
- The implementation stage of the fair value scheme has been severely criticised.
- The team that has already been severely punished by FIA earlier this year, also seems to be safe for now.
- It is now unusual to add eggs or fat, and rice pudding has tended to become a severely plain nursery dish.
- 2 2.1 (seriously) [ill] gravemente severely injured herido de gravedad, gravemente herido a severely disturbed child un niño con graves trastornos emocionales the crop was severely damaged la cosecha sufrió grandes daños 2.2 (rigorously) it severely tested the contestants fue or supuso una dura prueba para los participantesExample sentences
- The basis of their ire is severely depleted groundwater.
- In fact some poor continued on out-relief at a severely reduced rate.
- The film suffers from naturalistic excesses, at times severely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.