Translation of severely in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (strictly, harshly)(punish/criticize)con severidadExample sentences1.2 (austerely)
- Subsequent cases of academic dishonesty will be dealt with quite severely.
- The implementation stage of the fair value scheme has been severely criticised.
- The team that has already been severely punished by FIA earlier this year, also seems to be safe for now.
- It is now unusual to add eggs or fat, and rice pudding has tended to become a severely plain nursery dish.
- 2 2.1 (seriously)(ill)severely injureda severely disturbed childherido de gravedadgravemente heridothe crop was severely damagedun niño con graves trastornos emocionales2.2 (rigorously) See examples: it severely tested the contestantsla cosecha sufrió grandes dañosfue or supuso una dura prueba para los participantesExample sentences
- The basis of their ire is severely depleted groundwater.
- In fact some poor continued on out-relief at a severely reduced rate.
- The film suffers from naturalistic excesses, at times severely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.