Translation of sham in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (pretense) farsa (feminine), parodia (feminine) his grief was all sham o all a sham su pena era pura comedia or puro teatro [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (impostor) farsante (masculine and feminine)
- Rather we read Mark because he is an expert at exposing sham, pretension, and hypocrisy, and because he was the greatest American humorist of the 19th century.
- Second, Barnes agreed with South Carolina editor Z. T. Cody who ‘called the whole signing up business sham and hypocrisy.’
- As a satirist, the writer is unafraid of drawing aside the drapes of hypocrisy and sham that seem to safeguard middle-class ethics.
- The team does not feel the average person today is as ignorant toward shams and charlatans as they might have been just ten years ago.
- He is a great, flabby sham, an actor close to suicide, maybe - and this is an extraordinary display of incipient madness or incorrigible playfulness.
- Yet Pétain was no such thing; he was a lifelong soldier and a genuine war hero, rather than some preening sham in jackboots.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo (-mm-)
- [person] fingir* she's not ill; she's just shamming no está enferma; está haciendo teatro [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.