Translation of share in Spanish:
- 1 countable (portion) I've already paid my shareyo ya he pagado mi parte or lo que me correspondehow much is my share of the bill?¿cuánto me toca pagar a mí?she must take her share of the blamedebe aceptar que tiene parte de la culpahe's had his share of bad luckha tenido or le ha tocado bastante mala suerte or su buena cuota de mala suerteI only want my fair sharesolo quiero lo que en justicia me correspondethey've had more than their fair share of attentionhan recibido más atención de la que les correspondíaI've done my share of covering up for heryo ya la he encubierto bastanteto go shares on something [colloquial]let's go shares on a taxitomemos un taxi y lo pagamos a medias ( or entre los tres etc)to work on shares (American English)trabajar como sociosExample sentences
- After all, the city contributes a major share to the State's revenues.
- Two shares went to the captain, one and a half shares to the quartermaster, and one share each to the crew members.
- How can a beneficiary group in need of drinking water be forced to contribute a share of the cost of water supply?
- 2 (Business, Finance) 2.1 (held by partner) (no plural) I own a half share in a fishing boatsoy copropietario de un pesqueroExample sentences2.2 countable (held by shareholder) to hold shares in a company
tener acciones en una compañíaan issue of 50,000 sharesuna emisión de 50.000 títulos or accionesshare certificate share optionsopciones (feminine) sobre accionesshare portfolio share pricescotización (feminine) de las accionesExample sentences
- How can a partner protect his or her share of joint property?
- The investment trust specialises in property shares and property assets.
- This has not yet occurred; therefore, your husband holds the property or his share of the property in trust for you.
- Seats entitle their holders to buy and sell shares on the exchange floor, and brokers say the price is an important measure of market sentiment.
- Holders of income shares got all the income earned from the trust, while holders of capital shares got all the capital gain.
- The allure of these fund groups is that there are no restrictions on how often an investor can buy and sell fund shares.
- 1 1.1 (use jointly)to share something (
withsomebody)compartir algo ( conalguien)Example sentences1.2 (have in common)
- I was able to talk with him about his genre of music, the new album, who his musical idols are and who he enjoyed sharing the stage with most.
- Now she enjoys sharing the house with her daughter Tanya.
- The babies enjoy sharing a cot and seem to be happiest when side-by-side.
compartir(characteristics)they shared the credit for its discovery
tener en comúncompartieron el mérito de su descubrimientopeoples which share a common ancestrypueblos de la misma extracción or con antepasados comuneswe share the same star signsomos del mismo signo del zodíacoExample sentences
- But to then say that this is somehow proof of some kind of development vote as opposed to sharing a common view is open to different interpretation.
- This will be achieved by learning from our past and sharing a common view with our suppliers of how to grow sales and lower costs.
- He shares the common view that America's most significant mistake was to abandon the nation to its unhappy fate following the Soviet withdrawal.
- 2 2.1 (divide) the inheritance was shared equally between the childrenla herencia se dividió a partes iguales entre los hijoswe agreed to share all expensesdecidimos compartir todos los gastosExample sentences2.2 (communicate)
(experience/knowledge)I'd like to share my feelings with you on this happy day
- In the present case those communings point to the three parties sharing distributable profits equally.
- Arrangement and general performance will each attract 40 points, with tone and rhythm equally sharing the remainder.
- He was searching a field at Sutton-on-the-Forest with the permission of the landowner on the understanding that the proceeds of any finds were shared equally.
intercambiarquisiera hacer a todos partícipes de mi felicidad en este díacome on, share the jokeExample sentences
- He told the boys: ‘I don't usually tell people,’ and they humbly thanked him for sharing something so personal with them.
- Gradually he began sharing a few personal details.
- Now I don't normally like sharing something this personal with the world because it's the kind of thing that can come back and bite you.
- 1 (use jointly) you may have to share with somebodypuede ser que tengas que compartir la habitación ( or el despacho etc) con alguiento share and share alikecompartir las cosas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.