Translation of share in Spanish:
- 1 countable (portion) I've already paid my sharehow much is my share of the bill?yo ya he pagado mi parte or lo que me correspondeshe must take her share of the blame¿cuánto me toca pagar a mí?he's had his share of bad luckdebe aceptar que tiene parte de la culpaI only want my fair shareha tenido or le ha tocado bastante mala suerte or su buena cuota de mala suertethey've had more than their fair share of attentionsolo quiero lo que en justicia me correspondeI've done my share of covering up for herhan recibido más atención de la que les correspondíato go shares on something [colloquial]let's go shares on a taxiyo ya la he encubierto bastanteto work on shares (American English)tomemos un taxi y lo pagamos a medias ( or entre los tres etc)trabajar como sociosExample sentences
- After all, the city contributes a major share to the State's revenues.
- Two shares went to the captain, one and a half shares to the quartermaster, and one share each to the crew members.
- How can a beneficiary group in need of drinking water be forced to contribute a share of the cost of water supply?
- 2 (Business, Finance) 2.1 (held by partner) (no plural) I own a half share in a fishing boat2.2 countable (held by shareholder) to hold shares in a companysoy copropietario de un pesqueroan issue of 50,000 sharestener acciones en una compañíashare certificate share optionsuna emisión de 50.000 títulos or accionesshare portfolio share pricesopciones (feminine) sobre accionescotización (feminine) de las accionesExample sentences
- Seats entitle their holders to buy and sell shares on the exchange floor, and brokers say the price is an important measure of market sentiment.
- Holders of income shares got all the income earned from the trust, while holders of capital shares got all the capital gain.
- The allure of these fund groups is that there are no restrictions on how often an investor can buy and sell fund shares.
- How can a partner protect his or her share of joint property?
- The investment trust specialises in property shares and property assets.
- This has not yet occurred; therefore, your husband holds the property or his share of the property in trust for you.
- 1 1.1 (use jointly) See examples:to share something (
withsomebody)1.2 (have in common)compartir algo ( conalguien)(optimism/interest/opinion)(characteristics)they shared the credit for its discoverytener en comúnpeoples which share a common ancestrycompartieron el mérito de su descubrimientowe share the same star signpueblos de la misma extracción or con antepasados comunessomos del mismo signo del zodíacoExample sentences
- But to then say that this is somehow proof of some kind of development vote as opposed to sharing a common view is open to different interpretation.
- This will be achieved by learning from our past and sharing a common view with our suppliers of how to grow sales and lower costs.
- He shares the common view that America's most significant mistake was to abandon the nation to its unhappy fate following the Soviet withdrawal.
- I was able to talk with him about his genre of music, the new album, who his musical idols are and who he enjoyed sharing the stage with most.
- Now she enjoys sharing the house with her daughter Tanya.
- The babies enjoy sharing a cot and seem to be happiest when side-by-side.
- 2 2.1 (divide) the inheritance was shared equally between the childrenwe agreed to share all expensesla herencia se dividió a partes iguales entre los hijos2.2 (communicate)decidimos compartir todos los gastos(experience/knowledge)I'd like to share my feelings with you on this happy daycome on, share the jokequisiera hacer a todos partícipes de mi felicidad en este díaExample sentences
- He told the boys: ‘I don't usually tell people,’ and they humbly thanked him for sharing something so personal with them.
- Gradually he began sharing a few personal details.
- Now I don't normally like sharing something this personal with the world because it's the kind of thing that can come back and bite you.
- In the present case those communings point to the three parties sharing distributable profits equally.
- Arrangement and general performance will each attract 40 points, with tone and rhythm equally sharing the remainder.
- He was searching a field at Sutton-on-the-Forest with the permission of the landowner on the understanding that the proceeds of any finds were shared equally.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.