Translation of share in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (portion) parte (feminine) I've already paid my share yo ya he pagado mi parte or lo que me corresponde how much is my share of the bill? ¿cuánto me toca pagar a mí? she must take her share of the blame debe aceptar que tiene parte de la culpa he's had his share of bad luck ha tenido or le ha tocado bastante mala suerte or su buena cuota de mala suerte I only want my fair share solo quiero lo que en justicia me corresponde they've had more than their fair share of attention han recibido más atención de la que les correspondía I've done my share of covering up for her yo ya la he encubierto bastante to go shares on sth [colloquial/familiar] let's go shares on a taxi tomemos un taxi y lo pagamos a medias ( or entre los tres etc) to work on shares (American English/inglés norteamericano) trabajar como sociosExample sentences
- After all, the city contributes a major share to the State's revenues.
- Two shares went to the captain, one and a half shares to the quartermaster, and one share each to the crew members.
- How can a beneficiary group in need of drinking water be forced to contribute a share of the cost of water supply?
- 2 [Business/Comercio] [Finance] 2.1 (held by partner) (no plural/sin plural) participación (feminine) I own a half share in a fishing boat soy copropietario de un pesquero 2.2 countable/numerable (held by shareholder) acción (feminine) to hold shares in a company tener* acciones en una compañía an issue of 50,000 shares una emisión de 50.000 títulos or acciones share certificate (título (masculine) or certificado (masculine) de) acción (feminine) share options opciones (feminine) sobre acciones share portfolio cartera (feminine) de acciones share prices cotización (feminine) de las accionesExample sentences
- Seats entitle their holders to buy and sell shares on the exchange floor, and brokers say the price is an important measure of market sentiment.
- Holders of income shares got all the income earned from the trust, while holders of capital shares got all the capital gain.
- The allure of these fund groups is that there are no restrictions on how often an investor can buy and sell fund shares.
- How can a partner protect his or her share of joint property?
- The investment trust specialises in property shares and property assets.
- This has not yet occurred; therefore, your husband holds the property or his share of the property in trust for you.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (use jointly) to share sth (
withsb) compartir algo ( conalgn) 1.2 (have in common) [optimism/interest/opinion] compartir; [characteristics] tener* en común they shared the credit for its discovery compartieron el mérito de su descubrimiento peoples which share a common ancestry pueblos de la misma extracción or con antepasados comunes we share the same star sign somos del mismo signo del zodíaco
- 2 2.1 (divide) dividir the inheritance was shared equally between the children la herencia se dividió a partes iguales entre los hijos we agreed to share all expenses decidimos compartir todos los gastos 2.2 (communicate) [experience/knowledge] intercambiar I'd like to share my feelings with you on this happy day quisiera hacer a todos partícipes de mi felicidad en este día come on, share the joke vamos, cuéntalo, así nos reímos todos
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (use jointly) compartir you may have to share with somebody puede ser que tengas que compartir la habitación ( or el despacho etc) con algn to share and share alike compartir las cosas 1.2 (have a part) to share
insth compartir algo, participar dealgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.