- (Zoology)Example sentences
- This shark feeds primarily on bony fishes such as parrot, trigger, squirrel, surgeon, damsel and goat fishes as well as eels.
- Great white sharks can grow as long as 5 meters and weigh 2,500 kilos.
- The male sharks enter the cove with considerably more speed, driven by their single-minded drive to mate.
- (person) [colloquial]explotador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- They are the cyber-era equivalents of highwaymen, sharks, cheesy protection racketeers.
- It is a scentless, unappealing botanical fraud sold by sharks to suckers.
- But while property sharks may be kicking up their heels, small-time Plateau landowners and their tenants are bearing the brunt.
- A few unsavory types hung at the far end of the long dark bar, and a couple of sharks were playing pool in the side room.
- Karaoke in a place like this fits right in next to the dudes watching the game on the tube and the pool sharks getting busy upstairs.
- Preston, a pool shark, once beat singer Willie Nelson for $300,000 in dominoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.