- (Zoology)Example sentences
- This shark feeds primarily on bony fishes such as parrot, trigger, squirrel, surgeon, damsel and goat fishes as well as eels.
- Great white sharks can grow as long as 5 meters and weigh 2,500 kilos.
- The male sharks enter the cove with considerably more speed, driven by their single-minded drive to mate.
- (person) [colloquial]explotador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- They are the cyber-era equivalents of highwaymen, sharks, cheesy protection racketeers.
- It is a scentless, unappealing botanical fraud sold by sharks to suckers.
- But while property sharks may be kicking up their heels, small-time Plateau landowners and their tenants are bearing the brunt.
- A few unsavory types hung at the far end of the long dark bar, and a couple of sharks were playing pool in the side room.
- Karaoke in a place like this fits right in next to the dudes watching the game on the tube and the pool sharks getting busy upstairs.
- Preston, a pool shark, once beat singer Willie Nelson for $300,000 in dominoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.