Translation of sharpen in Spanish:
- 1.1(knife/blade/claws)to sharpen a pencil1.2 (make keener)sacarle punta a un lápiz(appetite)1.3 (British English) (Music) → sharp4Example sentences
- I have a feeling he's sharpening his pencil and pulling out the classified ads right about now.
- It's never too early to start sharpening the insults and perfecting the ad hominem attacks.
- At this very moment, exam markers are sharpening their red pencils to ring such sloppiness.
- 1verb + adverb [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than