Translation of shatter in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (break)(window/plate)the stone shattered the glass
hacer añicos or pedazosla piedra dejó el cristal hecho añicosshe shattered four world recordsechó abajo cuatro récords mundialesExample sentences1.2 (destroy)
- With a stealthy leap, Percival broke through the window, shattering pieces of glass over the floor in front of the window, and on the roof right outside it.
- The glass top shattered in a million pieces flying across the room like shrapnel.
- Her mirror that hung on the door was broken - shattered into hundreds of pieces as if fell to the ground.
echar por tierra(silence/calm)
- The gym hall was strewn with sobbing lassies, their lives ruined, their confidence shattered by human error.
- We must destroy before they shatter our being with their ignorance.
- Early losses can end a team's season, wreck its confidence, shatter its psyche.
- 2 (usually passive) 2.1 (shock) she was shattered by the newsla noticia la dejó destrozada2.2 (exhaust) (British English) [colloquial]that walk has shattered mela caminata me ha dejado hecha polvo or (Latin America tb) de cama [colloquial]I arrived home feeling completely shatteredllegué a casa hecho polvo or muerto de cansancio [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.