Translation of she in Spanish:
- 1 (person) she's a writer/my sistershe didn't say it, I dides escritora/mi hermanadon't ask me, she's the expertno fue ella quien lo dijo, sino yoLisa Swenson? who's she?no me preguntes a mí, la experta es ellacould I speak to Mary, please? — this is she (American English)¿Lisa Swenson? ¿quién es Lisa Swenson?he's as tall as she is o [formal] as tall as she¿podría hablar con Mary, por favor? — al aparato or habla con ellaes tan alto como ella
- 2 (ship, boat) See examples: she's a sturdy vesseles un barco sólidoExample sentences
- This was the Danish ship Flora, and she steamed straight for the anchored Gwladmena.
- The crew had raced out and were able to get them off the ship before she sank.
- He also moved to dispel what he said was the myth that Queen Mary never sailed in convoy because she was too quick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.