Translation of she in Spanish:
Although ella is given as the main translation of she, it is in practice used only for emphasis, or to avoid ambiguity: she went to the theater fue al teatro; she went to the theater, he went to the cinema ella fue al teatro y él fue al cine; she did it ella lo hizo.
- 1 (person) ella she's a writer/my sister es escritora/mi hermana she didn't say it, I did no fue ella quien lo dijo, sino yo don't ask me, she's the expert no me preguntes a mí, la experta es ella Lisa Swenson? who's she? ¿Lisa Swenson? ¿quién es Lisa Swenson? could I speak to Mary, please? — this is she (American English/inglés norteamericano) ¿podría hablar con Mary, por favor? — al aparato or habla con ella he's as tall as she is o [formal] as tall as she es tan alto como ella
- 2 (ship, boat) she's a sturdy vessel es un barco sólidoExample sentences
- This was the Danish ship Flora, and she steamed straight for the anchored Gwladmena.
- The crew had raced out and were able to get them off the ship before she sank.
- He also moved to dispel what he said was the myth that Queen Mary never sailed in convoy because she was too quick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the