Translation of she in Spanish:
Although ella is given as the main translation of she, it is in practice used only for emphasis, or to avoid ambiguity: she went to the theater fue al teatro; she went to the theater, he went to the cinema ella fue al teatro y él fue al cine; she did it ella lo hizo.
- 1 (person) she's a writer/my sisteres escritora/mi hermanashe didn't say it, I didno fue ella quien lo dijo, sino yodon't ask me, she's the expertno me preguntes a mí, la experta es ellaLisa Swenson? who's she?¿Lisa Swenson? ¿quién es Lisa Swenson?could I speak to Mary, please? — this is she (American English)¿podría hablar con Mary, por favor? — al aparato or habla con ellahe's as tall as she is o [formal] as tall as shees tan alto como ella
- 2 (ship, boat) she's a sturdy vesseles un barco sólidoExample sentences
- This was the Danish ship Flora, and she steamed straight for the anchored Gwladmena.
- The crew had raced out and were able to get them off the ship before she sank.
- He also moved to dispel what he said was the myth that Queen Mary never sailed in convoy because she was too quick.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.