Translation of sheaf in Spanish:
noun plural sheaves
- 1 (Agriculture)Example sentences
- A widespread custom, also designed to please the prophet and maximise crops, was to leave uncut on the field the last sheaf of grain, tying it into a special twist, known as ‘Il'ia's beard’.
- Reaping will be by scythe and a 1953 Ferguson tractor, stooking - stacking the sheaves - will be by hand and threshing will involve a Victorian barn thresher.
- The reaper and self-binder (which bound the grain into sheaves mechanically) enabled farmers to work vast tracts with small crews.
- 2 (of notes)(of arrows) haz (masculine)Example sentences
- She pulled a sheaf of papers from her knapsack and shuffled through them.
- Upon making a decision the Emperor would have his servants place a sheaf of paper either over or under the rock.
- Today morning while stapling a sheaf of papers, I forgot that my finger was below and I was in such a fit of caffeine-induced working enthusiasm, I stapled my finger along with the papers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.