transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (put into sheath) [sword] envainar, enfundarMore example sentences1.2 (cover) [cable/wire/pipes] revestir*
More example sentences1.3 (retract) [claws] retraer*
- He stuffed the package into his pocket and sheathed his knife, wiping off the blood and brain matter on the back of Nick's shirt.
- Pocketing the stone and sheathing the sword he stood.
- I nodded, sheathing one of my swords to use my hand to wipe my face clear of tears.
- Some vehicles intended for testing on public roads are sheathed in so much black leather and vinyl that they resemble a dominatrix on wheels.
- The connector is sheathed in a black mesh, and is very long, about six feet long.
- His feet were sheathed in black, silk socks while a black bow tie hung undone around his neck.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to