Translation of sheathe in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (put into sheath) [sword] envainar, enfundarExample sentences1.2 (cover) [cable/wire/pipes] revestir*
Example sentences1.3 (retract) [claws] retraer*
- He stuffed the package into his pocket and sheathed his knife, wiping off the blood and brain matter on the back of Nick's shirt.
- Pocketing the stone and sheathing the sword he stood.
- I nodded, sheathing one of my swords to use my hand to wipe my face clear of tears.
- Some vehicles intended for testing on public roads are sheathed in so much black leather and vinyl that they resemble a dominatrix on wheels.
- The connector is sheathed in a black mesh, and is very long, about six feet long.
- His feet were sheathed in black, silk socks while a black bow tie hung undone around his neck.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.