Translation of sheathe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (put into sheath)Example sentences1.2 (cover)
(cable/wire/pipes)Example sentences1.3 (retract)
- He stuffed the package into his pocket and sheathed his knife, wiping off the blood and brain matter on the back of Nick's shirt.
- Pocketing the stone and sheathing the sword he stood.
- I nodded, sheathing one of my swords to use my hand to wipe my face clear of tears.
- Some vehicles intended for testing on public roads are sheathed in so much black leather and vinyl that they resemble a dominatrix on wheels.
- The connector is sheathed in a black mesh, and is very long, about six feet long.
- His feet were sheathed in black, silk socks while a black bow tie hung undone around his neck.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.