- 1 (on bed) the bottom/top sheetla sábana bajera or de abajo/encimera or de arribaa fitted sheetuna sábana ajustable or (Mexico) de cajónas white as a sheet her face went as white as a sheet when she heard the newsse puso blanca como el papel cuando oyó la noticiabetween the sheetsen la camaExample sentences
- Sleeping blankets and covers, sheets and quilts have been made - with the children's assistance.
- Nothing made sense but the darkness behind her eyes and the scratchy cotton of the sheets beneath her skin.
- We're surrounded by pillows, blankets and sun-smelling cotton sheets.
- 2 2.1 (of paper)(of stamps) pliego (masculine)information o fact sheet in sheets (Printing)en capillasto start with a clean sheet
sin encuadernarhacer borrón y cuenta nuevaExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (newspaper) [colloquial]
- It is a neat little unit - exactly the same size as a sheet of A4 paper, and only 65 mm high.
- Our microprocessor isn't some tiny silicon die - it's the size of a sheet of paper, maybe two.
- At first, the prints were only the size of a sheet of typing paper.
- Here she embellished sheets of postage stamps with silk thread; the sewing records the situations in which they were sewn.
- Whoever wishes to give a personal touch to stamps can have their photos printed on stamp sheets and use them.
- The film's title is a reference to the sheet of nine rare postage stamps, which they see as their ticket to the top.
- 3 3.1 (of metal) a sheet of glassun vidrio(before noun) sheet glass
una placa de vidriovidrio (masculine) planoExample sentences3.2 (of ice) a sheet of flame
una cortina de llamasthe rain was coming down in sheetsestaba cayendo una cortina de agua
- Essentially, it is a matter of adding a pigment to the interlayer material between the sheets of glass.
- The problem was that the metal sheet was glued to the door frame, but the adhesive did not properly take grip.
- Mostly the effects and material were taken from the theatre where a metal sheet would replicate thunder and a hard board against another would give the illusion of gunshots.
llovía a cántarosExample sentences
- Once he finally got parked, he nearly broke his neck slipping on a sheet of black ice.
- Skaters were also having a splendid time in Victoria Park, which had been flooded, and was covered with a sheet of ice in grand condition.
- Carelessly she ran over to the edges to collect more, but slipped and almost fell because of a sheet of ice that was hidden on the floor underneath the snow.
- 1 (rope)escota (feminine)to be three sheets to the windExample sentences
- Soon all three of us have got the hang of tacking, pulling in and letting out the sheets (the ropes attached to the sails) and steering.
- Turn into the wind and let out the sheet to allow the sail to go slack.
- With one sail, one halyard, one sheet, and two winches, the boat is the ultimate in uncomplicated sailing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.