Translation of shelf in Spanish:
noun plural shelves
- 1 1.1 (in cupboard, bookcase)(in oven)a set of shelvesto be left on the shelfunos estantesuna estanteríaExample sentences1.2off the shelfyou can buy it off the shelf
se puede comprar hecho
- The pieces were displayed on shelves, propped against the wall, emphasizing their three-dimensionality.
- The painters, who had promised me two days notice to remove everything from walls, shelves and large pieces of furniture, instead gave me a few hours.
- Free-standing shelves provide excellent storage and can be taken with you when you move.
- 2 (Geology)Example sentences
- There were, broadly speaking, three tracts of relevant land: there is the rock shelf, which was tidal…
- A dusty pile of sheet rock tumbled from one of the high, unsteady shelves and landed beside Barbara.
- I pull the rope bag out and drop it on the ledge in front of my shins, padding the rock shelf so I can lean into it.
- This problem with the sediment trap technique is probably restricted to the continental slope and shelf and will not occur over abyssal depths.
- Recruitment patterns of these species along the shelf were then used to infer water-mass distributions along the shelf.
- Zebra sharks are primarily bottom dwellers that live in warm shallow inland waters, of continental and island shelves.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.