Translation of shellac in Spanish:
transitive verb -lacs, -lacking, -lacked
- 1 (varnish)Example sentences
- You have to be involved on a daily basis with the intimate details of it - down to cleaning the bathrooms and shellacking the floor.
- He also offers an edible alternative, though it may peel and get mouldy if you don't shellac it, since basically you're making pie filling without any sugar or fruit.
- Of course, Tom was probably too busy shellacking his hair and buffing his chin to notice.
- 2 (American English) [colloquial]darle una paliza a [colloquial]Example sentences
- Hillary Clinton called for an ideological truce within the Democratic Party, she was shellacked by liberal bloggers.
- Expect no reprieve, as the stock market is likely to get shellacked next week by more languid earnings and deep-seated investor mistrust…
- The inevitable critical comparisons to his own power trio couldn't have been lost on him, but he nevertheless shellacked Opposition with the same sonic bleakness he reserves for himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.