Translation of sheriff in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in US) 1.2 (in England and Wales)(representante de la corona)Example sentences1.3 (in Scotland)
(juez principal de un distrito)Example sentences
- In a letter the procurator fiscal raised no objection to this, but in court the Crown argued, and the sheriff accepted, that the motion was incompetent.
- They argued that the later Privy Council decision R v HM Advocate had held that it was ultra vires for the procurator fiscal to bring proceedings before a temporary sheriff.
- ‘Somebody's gonna have to pay for it one way or another,’ said the sheriff of King William County at the time.
- They numbered some of the most powerful people in Scotland - judges, sheriffs and senior lawyers used to putting their case eloquently and with force.
- To make matters more complicated, ministers want to bring Scotland's judges and sheriffs under a single management structure, with a secretariat staffed by officials from the Scottish Executive.
- Scotland's sheriffs and judges are already ranked among the most lenient in Europe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.