- uncountable/no numerable (stones) guijarros (masculine plural) (before noun/delante del nombre) shingle beach playa (feminine) de guijarrosMore example sentences
- There were also sand dunes and shingle banks that were later used for building roads in the new town.
- Most of the Thames Bank is shingle and stone so sand is relatively rare.
- I find soft, powdery sand, hard sand, loose shingle banks and a couple of streams.
- 2shingle (cut) (haircut) corte (masculine) a la or a lo garçonne or garçon see also shingles
- 3 (signboard) (American English/inglés norteamericano) placa (feminine) to put o hang up one's shingle [colloquial/familiar] abrir* una consulta ( or bufete etc)