intransitive verb shinnies, shinnying, shinnied
- (US) → shin 2Example sentences
- She hadn't grown up on a horse ranch with four older brothers without learning a thing or two about hurdling fences, shinnying up trees and swinging out of barn lofts on old, fraying ropes.
- At least shinnying up the nearest tree wasn't likely to damage his clothing, and tree-climbing came easily to an Indiana farm boy, as long as he didn't have to climb too high.
- Sometimes you ran for the nearest tree and shinnied up it.
- (US) (Sport)(deporte parecido al hockey sobre hierba)Example sentences
- You went down to a local pond, and you jumped into a game of shinny hockey and all five guys or six guys chased around the puck.
- We are looking for boys and girls of all ages from across the Southeast interested in playing daytime shinny hockey (no formal teams) this summer.
- While the big boys get the five-ring spotlight in Utah, the lads who didn't get a call to national service only can get up a game of shinny.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.