- 1.1 (ships) barcos (mpl), embarcaciones (fpl) [formal] attention all shipping! ¡atención todas las embarcaciones! the canal is open to shipping el canal está abierto a la navegación (before n) [lane/route] de navegación shipping agent consignatario, -ria (m,f)More example sentences1.2 (transportation of freight) transporte (m) shipping by air/rail/road/sea transporte aéreo/por ferrocarril/por carretera/marítimo (before n) shipping bill certificado (m) de embarque shipping charge gastos (mpl) de envío or de expedición shipping forecast (in (UK) ) pronóstico (m) maritimo
More example sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)