Translation of shipping in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ships)barcos (masculine plural)attention all shipping!
embarcaciones (feminine plural) [formal]¡atención todas las embarcaciones!the canal is open to shippingel canal está abierto a la navegación(before noun) (lane/route)
de navegaciónExample sentences1.2 (transportation of freight) shipping by air/rail/road/sea
transporte aéreo/por ferrocarril/por carretera/marítimoshipping chargegastos (masculine plural) de envío or de expediciónExample sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.