- 1.1 (ships) barcos (masculine plural), embarcaciones (feminine plural) [formal] attention all shipping! ¡atención todas las embarcaciones! the canal is open to shipping el canal está abierto a la navegación (before noun/delante del nombre) [lane/route] de navegaciónMore example sentences1.2 (transportation of freight) transporte (masculine) shipping by air/rail/road/sea transporte aéreo/por ferrocarril/por carretera/marítimo shipping charge gastos (masculine plural) de envío or de expedición
More example sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Argentina, morning newspapers of long standing and of national importance are: La Prensa, La Nación (www.lanacion.com.ar), the country's oldest, The Buenos Aires Herald (www.buenosairesherald.com), The Standard, the oldest English-language newspaper, and Clarín (www.clarín.com), a morning daily. La Razón and La Crónica come out in the evening.