Translation of shipping in Spanish:
- 1.1 (ships)attention all shipping!barcos (masculine plural)embarcaciones (feminine plural) [formal]the canal is open to shipping¡atención todas las embarcaciones!el canal está abierto a la navegación(before noun) (lane/route)de navegaciónExample sentences1.2 (transportation of freight) shipping by air/rail/road/sea
shipping chargetransporte aéreo/por ferrocarril/por carretera/marítimogastos (masculine plural) de envío or de expediciónExample sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.