- 1.1 [news/report] espeluznante, horrible, horrorosoMore example sentences1.2 [weather/cough] espantoso, horrible she looked shocking estaba espantosa
More example sentences1.3 [behavior/language] escandaloso, vergonzoso it's shocking, the prices they charge es un escándalo or es escandaloso lo que cobran
- And a Missouri family got a shocking surprise when they moved into their apartment.
- They were in fear for his safety after watching television news reports showing the shocking effects of the floods in Mozambique - the worst for 40 years.
- With this shocking admission, our news team realized that the problem of fraudulent grading ran deeper than we had feared.
More example sentences
- And then he committed a shocking foul on the goalkeeper.
- There is some really shocking and disgusting stuff in this book.
- The offensive and shocking new program is a show for blokes about being a bloke and doing blokey things.
- We just had to deal with such a shocking, disgusting situation.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.