Translation of shocking in Spanish:
- 1.1 [news/report] espeluznante, horrible, horrorosoExample sentences1.2 [weather/cough] espantoso, horrible she looked shocking estaba espantosa
Example sentences1.3 [behavior/language] escandaloso, vergonzoso it's shocking, the prices they charge es un escándalo or es escandaloso lo que cobran
- And a Missouri family got a shocking surprise when they moved into their apartment.
- They were in fear for his safety after watching television news reports showing the shocking effects of the floods in Mozambique - the worst for 40 years.
- With this shocking admission, our news team realized that the problem of fraudulent grading ran deeper than we had feared.
- And then he committed a shocking foul on the goalkeeper.
- There is some really shocking and disgusting stuff in this book.
- The offensive and shocking new program is a show for blokes about being a bloke and doing blokey things.
- We just had to deal with such a shocking, disgusting situation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the