- 1.1 [news/report] espeluznante, horrible, horrorosoMore example sentences1.2 [weather/cough] espantoso, horrible she looked shocking estaba espantosa
More example sentences1.3 [behavior/language] escandaloso, vergonzoso it's shocking, the prices they charge es un escándalo or es escandaloso lo que cobran
- And a Missouri family got a shocking surprise when they moved into their apartment.
- They were in fear for his safety after watching television news reports showing the shocking effects of the floods in Mozambique - the worst for 40 years.
- With this shocking admission, our news team realized that the problem of fraudulent grading ran deeper than we had feared.
More example sentences
- And then he committed a shocking foul on the goalkeeper.
- There is some really shocking and disgusting stuff in this book.
- The offensive and shocking new program is a show for blokes about being a bloke and doing blokey things.
- We just had to deal with such a shocking, disgusting situation.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)