- 1.1 (make shorter) [skirt/sleeves] acortar; [text/report] acortar, abreviar plans to shorten the working week planes para reducir la jornada laboral to shorten sail [Naut] reducir* velas to shorten the odds aumentar las probabilidades 1.2 [Culin] [pastry] agregarle* mantequilla ( or grasa etc) aMore example sentences
- Do you think Setta needs to shorten his stride when approaching the ball on field goals?
- In the fall and as winter approaches, the days shorten and temperatures drop.
- With less flexibility at the hip and ankle, your stride will shorten.
- [days/nights] acortarse the odds have shortened las probabilidades han aumentado
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.