Translation of shortly in Spanish:
- 1.1 (soon)he'll be leaving shortly for Parisdentro de pocoI'll be with you shortlysaldrá dentro de poco or [formal] en breve para Parísshortly before/after midnightenseguida estoy con ustedno tardaré en atenderlopoco antes/después de la medianocheExample sentences1.2 (briefly)
en una palabraExample sentences1.3 (curtly)
- Details of these will be made available shortly before the summer launch.
- Again and again we saw those pictures of the television presenter shopping in London shortly before her death.
- I had tried a number of times to get back into writing shortly after the funeral but I soon gave up.
de modo or de manera cortante
- The letter shortly, but strictly stated that her previous life and hopes were over.
- Householders in the Borris area will receive a letter shortly advising them of the offer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.