Translation of shortly in Spanish:
- 1 (soon)dentro de pocohe'll be leaving shortly for Parissaldrá dentro de poco or [formal] en breve para ParísI'll be with you shortlyenseguida estoy con ustedshortly before/after midnight
no tardaré en atenderlopoco antes/después de la medianocheExample sentences
- Details of these will be made available shortly before the summer launch.
- Again and again we saw those pictures of the television presenter shopping in London shortly before her death.
- I had tried a number of times to get back into writing shortly after the funeral but I soon gave up.
- 2 (briefly)en una palabraExample sentences
- The letter shortly, but strictly stated that her previous life and hopes were over.
- Householders in the Borris area will receive a letter shortly advising them of the offer.
- 3 (curtly)bruscamente
de modo or de manera cortante
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.